Thursday, 10 March 2016

Breath of Spring...

At last I get to share my first Design Team project for Love To Craft & Create.

The products Monika sent me to work/play with are simply beautiful, the papers are all stunning, it was hard to choose which one to use first.




After much deliberation I settled on this gorgeous paper from Craft & You - Tea Time, I thought it would make a lovely patchwork card so I cut out 16 of the squares so that they would fit a 7” x 7” card nicely after adding some matting and layering. I machine stitched all of the squares and distressed the edges.  I stuck them to some cream card stock using foam pads to add dimension. Behind the cream card I used some ivory cheesecloth. 



I framed an oval tag from LemonCraft - Vintage Collage Sheet 003  within an Anemone Decorative Frame as the main focal point.


I added a border with some White Cotton Lace, some flowers, including an Ivory Handmade Glittered Rose and a single Handmade Rosesbud, the other flowers were from my stash.  I also added some cotton thread, some Cream and Pink Jute and some Pearl Stamens in white.




This only used about one third of the 12” x 12” sheet so there’s plenty left for another one or two projects.  Hope this gives you some inspiration and ideas for what to do with your papers and embellishments :)


3 comments: