Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Christmas Stockings

I'm back today with my DT post,
I've made a couple of Christmas stockings,
The first stocking is in a slightly vintage style,
I used some of the beautiful 46mm white Guipure lace on the top and some of the gold coloured sequins,


I used a template off my Cameo machine just making it larger, then I used one of the papers from the North Pole paper collection, for the base, This vintage style image is from the North Pole paper collection, I distressed the edges a little,
I built up layers with some of the fabulous Scrapiniec mesh background and some of the
 Christmas tree ribbon, I also used a  Wycinanka chipboard - Winter is coming garland - 01 which I have cut down,


I got this gorgeous Craft Passion - Holly with fruits die in my DT package the other day and it went fab with the image too, these dies cut beautifully first time, I slightly rounded the fruits/berries die cuts with my ball tool to give a little 3D effect.


I then used the same die behind a poinsettia die I have, this I cut out, layered it up then added a
gold coloured sequin for the middle, I also used some of the decorative twig in red and some
red Pomegranate apples too,

My second stocking is more shabby chic in style.


I used the same template, but don't they look so different? the papers used on this one are from the North Pole paper collection, I used some of the gorgeous shabby ruffle trim in white on the top this time, a silver coloured sequin and then some 25mm Guipure lace in white underneath,
Further down the stocking I also used some cotton lace,
I coloured this magnolia image with my distress re-inkers to match in with the colours adding a little purple too, I then used some purple Pomegranate Apples to bring the colour in too.


Behind my poinsettia I've used the same holly die cut from Craft passion and a Scrapiniec holly leaf which came as part of the  Big Holly Wreath chipboard by Scrapiniec, I also used a
 white Pomegranate apple this time as the center of my poinsettia.


Close up of image and the gorgeous chipboard Poinsettia by Scrapiniec which I have covered with glamour dust and sparkles like mad in real life,
So there you have two stockings, made similar but which look so different,
See you soon,
Happy Crafting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment